Our customer is a global producer of products and services used in areas such as cooling food, air conditioning, heating buildings, controlling electric motors, compressors, bowling, drives and powering mobile machinery. The company is also active in the field of solar and wind power as well as district heating and cooling infrastructure that targets entire cities and urban communities. The company employs approximately 24,000 people worldwide with its headquarters in Europe with sales companies in 47 countries and 56 factories in 18 countries around the world.
Senior Director R&D Compressors/HVAC (m/f)
France - Lyon
You will be part of the R&D organization, leading a high skilled team, being responsible for the cutting-edge technologies identification and developments.
Bringing in your technical expertise and a holistic view of the market and products and working closely with the VP of R&D you will identify and translate technologies into product opportunities, ensuring the right balance between market pull and technology push.
You will be responsible for
Your Education and Experience
- Create a technology roadmap for the next 2, 3 and 5 years, including new technologies to be monitored, basic research and non-conventional product development, aiming to provide the company with cutting edge technology to support its strategy.
- Monitoring of new relevant technologies applicable for HVAC industry, in order to map company’s potential threats and/or open new opportunities for business.
- Development of basic research to generate knowledge to support the new technological developments within the organization.
- Establish and lead external activities, creating the right networking with universities and technology centers.
- Prospection and partnership development with funding agencies and other companies, to support and increase the scope of research projects.
- Development of technical solutions, incremental as well as disruptive, which will be implemented in new developments, ensuring in the process that the risks of technology development will be mitigated in the previous phases of the product development cycle.
- Work closely to Advanced Development Centers in order to create the right mindset for compressor application.
- Manage directly 20+ resources to help key tasks to be delivered.
- Represent us in different technical conferences and associations.
- 10+ years of experience in an engineering management leadership role, including people management.
- Work experience in compressors or other types of HVAC product development.
- Ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product road maps.
- Expertise in product development using gated process in a global environment.
- Experience working in a matrix organization.
- Experience in leading teams with different cultures. International experience is a must.
- Good interpersonal skills: knowledge-sharing profile, good conflict management, ability to build and maintain networking.
- Excellent social and communication skills on all levels.
- Good critical analysis with a holistic view of the projects and processes (from design to market).
- Creativity in proposing solutions.
- Solution and result oriented.
- Initiative and controlled risk-taking.
- Ability to prioritize and react upon urgency.
- Sense of ownership.
- High level of resilience.